Thursday, February 08, 2007


I did sympathise with Mumia Abu-Jamal. I heard of his situation before the story and unarguably he deserves to be where he is. He brought up some very interesting points. There is a huge problem with dehumanization in prisons. I cannot speak on the racism, but I believe it to an extent. This may be a personal opinion but the Black Panthers are not helping his situation. Talk about creditability, they have made quite a name for themselves good, bad or otherwise. I thought his title was rather creative and really brings into context the point of killing a man twice. You die when you get put on death row and again twenty or so years later when our system finally gets around to putting the man down. Our penile system has a lot of problems, but all do. We need to cut sentences down and work more on rehabilitating people and getting them straight and back into society. Oh my ideal world...

No comments: