Thursday, February 08, 2007


This was from the free write the class did last Tuesday. The paragraph is about my old friend Andy. I recently ran into him a week ago and needless to say it was interesting. "Andrew Yorke. What can be said; the man, the myth, the legend. The kid who defecated in the corner and destroyed your belongings; yet here he is again. How did he get here, why did he come? Probably the beer. No one dares to ponder the inner workings of this mad Irish man, perhaps solely operating on just his id. Only one thing can be certain when chilling with Yonker: destruction." I thought that was the best passage out of my paragraph. Tell me what you think. Hope it wasn't too mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I didn't think it was too mean, but then again, I have a tendency to not take mean things offensively, so I may not be the best person to ask...

However, the story is very expressive. When you were talking about him being a mad Irish man who only might only come for the beer, that really gave me a sense of what's going on. If you "praised" him too much, it might not have seemed as realistic. By pointing out some of the more prominent aspects, it made your story believable.